Guilford High School Touchdown Club – June 11, 2013 Minutes
Guilford Community Center
Call To Order
1. Meeting was called to order at 7:16pm.
2. In attendance: Joe Iassogna, Stephanie Moscato, John Knapp, Sue Knapp, Kathy Sperry, Tom Unger, and Ron Nault.
Acceptance of Minutes:
Minutes for May Mtg. reviewed and unanimously accepted.
1. Treasurer Report:
(John) Starting June with a balance of $4,169.41 in account. There were $675 in monthly expenditures. (copy filed) John provided a copy of the updated 2013 Budget to be put on file as well.
1. Car Wash
: Two car washes proposed. Saturday August 10th
@ A-1 Auto and the weekend of Soccerfest, June 29 or 30 @ Palumbos. Joe to contact the places and when dates are confirmed, Stephanie will fill out required forms with Lecia Scranton at GHS for carwash approval. They will run 9:30-1pm.
: Coach Unger is using LIDS as a vendor this year for T-shirt and shorts orders. He also requested $500 for wt lifting T-shirts for the beginning of the summer that he will order. No additional shorts were needed this yr due to the generous donation of shorts last yr. Motion was made and unanimously accepted to provide $500 for these T-shirts. He also will be hosting a cleat fitting at a great discount next week for those interested. Logo this year will be the Indian head with feather. Decals for helmets will remain the “G” and will be supplied by Jake Jarvis.
- Soccer Fest: Ron re-proposed that the TD Club get involved with a concession stand at this year’s soccer fest. Only snack items and drinks will be sold. Stating it will be a good opportunity to raise money without having to rely on our own football families. Profit Goal is $1000. Ron will oversee the project, take care of purchasing food items, and gathering volunteers. He also proposed using the funds that are made that day be put into a scholarship fund for our graduating football seniors. Details of who would receive the scholarship will be determined at a later date, but it will be academic based. A motion was made to underwrite a concession stand @ the Girls Soccer Fest with profits to be used for a scholarship fund and it was accepted unanimously.
- Football: Dates:July 13th will be a passing league in New Canaan (participation has already been paid for by TD Club). Aug 14th is first formal day of practice with Aug. 29th being the first day of school. They will be following the new Korey Stringer Rule re: shoulder pad usage and double sessions at the beginning of the season. Boys have received summer schedule of their practices and additional passing league camp dates. The HS staff and players will take an active role in the youth program for the first 2 weeks of GYF practices for which the boys can get community service hours for.
- Scissor Lift: Coach readdressed his desire to get a scissor lift to film practices and end zone shots. He asked if the TD club could help provide it through purchase or rental. Further investigation as to cost/E-bay research/what other universities utilize/used deals etc. needs to be done prior to making a decision. It was suggested to put it out to the robotics club to see if they could come up with a proto-type camera on a pole to help.
- Handling of Uniforms: Discussed how uniforms have been handled and washed in the past. It was suggested that the players take on the responsibility of caring for and washing their own jersey instead of having a cleaning service or a parent washing them all. To be addressed with Coach.
at 8:55pm Next Meeting
Tuesday, July 9, 2013 at 7 pm @ Rec. Ctr.